Make Your Dishes Instagram-Worthy with These Simple Plating Tips
You’ve heard countless times that we eat first with our eyes, but how often in our kitchens do we take the time to make that first impression really stand out? With a few simple tips, you can give your next meal that wow factor we all hope to achieve — the kind that causes someone to pull out their phone and Instagram it.
• Think simple. Go with minimal, all-white plates and let the food do all the talking.
• Color play. Freshen things up with the bright natural color of herbs and vegetables.
• Build high. Layers of depth add interest.
• Odds and ends. Arranging things by odd numbers provides a more balanced look. Think about making a triangle on the plate with three different foods.
• Don’t crowd. Leave negative space to draw your eye toward particular details.
(Images: Chris Perez)