Make It Now: 7 Fresh Recipes for Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce is one of the easiest and most forgiving Thanksgiving dishes to make from scratch — and now is the time to do it. Simmer a batch of sauce on the stove tonight, store it in the fridge, and you can cross at least one thing off your list for Thursday. Here are a few recipes to get your started, from a traditional spiced sauce to Canal House’s port-infused take on the usual canned jelly.
All you need is a bag of fresh or frozen cranberries, a little sugar and the flavorings of your choice to transform the tart fruits into a spoonable sauce, chunky relish or smooth jelly. Most recipes are so quick, you could even make one of each and appease every cranberry sauce preference at your table.
• Spiced Cranberry Sauce (pictured) – The Kitchn
• Fresh Cranberry Relish – The Kitchn
• Canal House’s Cranberry-Port Gelée (pictured) at Food52
• Cranberry Sauce with Quince and Bay at Ciao Samin
• Spiced Tea Cranberry Sauce at Sunset
• Cranberry Grappa Jelly at Gourmet
• Nutty Cranberry Relish at The Bitten Word
What kind of cranberry sauce are you making this year?
Related: 7 Ways to Perk Up Cranberry Sauce
(Images: Megan Gordon; James Ransom/Food52)