Make It a Meal: 5 Excuses to Have Biscuits for Dinner
Fresh biscuits like our Bacon-Cheddar Biscuits are so easy to pull together and take so little time to bake, they make an ideal component to a weeknight meal. In fact, we’ve been known to make them the centerpiece of the meal. Here are a few of our favorite excuses.
1. Topped with Sauce – Many of the same sauces we put over pasta are fantastic over biscuits as well. We particularly love creamy ones like this Mushroom Sauce.
2. Eggs Galore – Never have eggs for dinner looked so good! Scrambled or fried, an egg makes this a quick meal that we can even eat on the go.
3. Southern-Style Croque Monsieur or Madame – Speaking of eggs, why not add a slice of cheese and a layer of ham and make it into a version of this classic French sandwich?
4. Beans and Biscuits – Biscuits smothered in smoky baked beans. Sounds good to us.
5. Dropped in Soup – We set the fresh biscuit right on top of our bowl of soup and break off little bites with every spoonful.
What other tricks do you use for turning biscuits into a meal?
• Recipe Pictured Above: Sausage Gravy over Biscuits from The Hungry Dudes