Macy’s Just Recalled These Popular Martha Stewart Products

published Oct 20, 2017
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Post Image
(Image credit: Osugi)

When you’re in the kitchen, there are countless things that can go wrong. I’m not talking about burning toast or drying out a turkey roast à la the Griswolds. I mean full-fledged incidents like scorching your arm on the wire racks in your oven or slicing your hand open while cutting an avocado.

That said, one of the last kitchen gadgets I’d expect to cause me harm is my cake server. But new reports claim that one from Martha Stewart’s cookware line has already caused four injuries.

According to a warning issued from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Macy’s has voluntarily recalled nearly 19,000 of the Martha Stewart Collection Whiteware cake knife and server sets due to the high risk for harm. The announcement explained that a number of the textured ceramic handles have been breaking off from the blades, causing consumers to severely cut themselves.

Macy’s sold the sets nationwide from January 2014 through this past July for $25, the Miami Herald reports. So far, Macy’s has received four reports of lacerations, some of which have required stitches.

(Image credit: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission)

To correctly identify the product, check the packaging, where you’ll find the UPC code 608356963330 and Product ID code PRCDCKSRVR. If you have one of these sets at home, do not use either utensil. Instead, return both pieces to either a Macy’s store or to for a full refund. If you have any other questions regarding the recall, you can reach out to Macy’s directly at 888-257-5949 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET seven days a week.

This is not the first time Macy’s has recalled a product from the Martha Stewart cookware line. In 2015, the retail giant pulled over 120,000 frying pans from store shelves after reports that stainless steel discs were popping off and burning consumers while they were cooking.