Not all kids are the same. Not all tastes are the same. But one thing's for sure: when you spend the day at home with wee ones, you want something easy and delicious that moves beyond the peanut butter jar every now and again. So we've gathered some of our favorite, utterly simple lunch recipes from 2011 that are perfect for busy moms and dads and can accommodate wee palates and adult sensibilities alike.
From tomato soup to sweet and sour chicken, many of these recipes could be prepared with children as kitchen helpers, too -- a good mid-day culinary introduction that blends noon activity with mid-day meal. A two-in-one knockout. Happy cooking to you and yours!
• 6 How to Make and Freeze Individual Chicken Pot Pies
• 7 Chili with Pasta and Wisconsin Cheddar
• 8 Cream of Celery Soup with Bacon
• 9 The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
• 10 Breakfast Leftover for Lunch: The Frittata Sandwich
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)