I am on a toffee hunt again (as in 2009 and 2010). As a toffee lover and someone who likes to make it, give it, and get it as a gift during the holidays, I am looking for the very, very best toffees in the country to test and publish here at The Kitchn in December.
Got great toffee? We're looking for this year's winner — a shop that makes artisan-quality, incredibly yummy holiday toffee. Or, if you have a perfect recipe for toffee, we'd love that too! Do you have a tip for us? Send it in and get on the site so we can shine a light on you. All info below.
Submissions received so far:
• Elan Toffee
• Simmering Sugar Gourmet Toffee
• Tungsten Toffee
• Vermont Krunch Toffee Co.
• Toffee Talk
• Darden & Wells Toffee Co.
Over the next two weeks we're collecting samples from shops all over the country that would like to be included. Are you a shop or want to tip us off to one? All you need to do is send a toffee sample to us with a note.
By November 30th:
Maxwell's Toffee Test 2012
270 Lafayette Street, #1204
New York, NY 10012
We'll be testing all samples in the first week of December and then posting our reviews with a photograph of each. Only one will be the 2012 winner.
If you just want to talk about it or kibitz on the side, jump into the comments below.
Best Toffee Hunts & Recipes
2012 Reader Recommendations:
• Enstrom's Almond Toffee - Grand Junction, CO
• Amy E's Almond Toffee - Moscow, ID
• Brook's Chocolate Almond Brittle - Stouffville, ON
• DouceSoeur Croquenbouche - Montréal
• Elan English Toffee - Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
• Vermont Krunch toffee - Plainvilee, VT
• See's Victoria Toffee - Carson, CA