7 Purple Kitchens That Dared to Dream
One color you aren’t probably as likely to see is purple. For whatever reason, purple is one of the more neglected colors on the color wheel, but that doesn’t mean that a stunning purple-themed kitchen is unattainable. Whether you’re a royalist or you just like something a bit more daring, these seven purple kitchens will inspire you.
- Contrasting Island – Christopher Peters: An island counter is a great place to add a pop of color. We love that the lilac shade of this traditionally styled counter is a calming anchor in the room.
- Orchid Cabinets – Grand Renovation Inc.: This small kitchen has the biggest dose of color we’ve seen. Don’t be afraid to go bold in a small space — it really makes a statement.
- Pale Purple Tile – WA Design: For something a bit more subdued, try incorporating purple tile into your backsplash. We like that this faded plum tile has some color variation and a matte finish.
- High-Gloss Plum – Increation: Another bold purple kitchen, this one goes luxe with a high-gloss sheen on the deep plum. We especially appreciate that it matches the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer.
- Colorful Pool House – Zugai Strudwick Architects: This kitchen doesn’t shy away from color, and we love the mix of jewel-toned hues. It helps that the homeowners decided to be so daring in their pool house.
- Thistle Cabinets – Jeffrey King & Company: This updated Victorian kitchen might be the most livable of the purple kitchens we’ve seen. The light thistle shade on the cabinets is subdued and reads almost as a neutral. Plus, it coordinates well with the stained-glass panel next to the glass back door.
- Royal Purple Cabinets – Scott Weston Architecture Design: This home doesn’t shy away from color in the slightest, so it’s no surprise that the kitchen cabinets are a deep purple. We love the way all the different hues work together.