From cobalt and aqua to robin's egg and navy, blue is one of our favorite colors. But you might not see it in the kitchen quite as often as some other hues — especially when it comes to cabinets.
Shake off the traditional white or gray, and go bold as we explore a look we love: kitchens with bright blue cabinets. Then, don't forget to tell us which color we should investigate next!
- Dark Blue & Silver: This classic combination of dark blue and silver gives the kitchen an opulent feel. Plus, we love the yellow tulips as an accent! (via Sawhorse Designs)
- Aqua Cabinet: This small cabinet and counter in an apartment in Bratislava is in the most perfect shade of aqua. It proves that just a little bit of color can make a big difference. (via Gut Gut)
- Blue High-Gloss: There's no question that this bright jewel tone is a bold statement, and the glossy finish makes it even more distinctive. We fully appreciate their commitment to cobalt. (via Arnold Schulman Design Group)
- Blue Gray Farmhouse Style: Lest you think all blue cabinets have to be bold, this farmhouse style is one of our favorites. The subtle gray-blue reads as a neutral, but one of the most stylish neutrals we've seen. (via British Standard)
- Navy Contrast: Don't be scared to use dark, bold cabinets in an open floor plan. In fact, the contrast between the navy cabinets and the light decor of the rest of the home is one of the reasons we love this kitchen so much. (via Prentiss Architects)
- Pool Blue: These pool-blue cabinets coordinate with the rest of the space, which also includes touches of blue in the decor accents. (via Elizabeth Swartz Interiors)
- Gloss, Granite & Steel: The combination of high-gloss cobalt cabinets with stainless steel counters and appliances is one of our favorites. But the icing on the cake is the fact that the granite on the island is also flecked with blue. (via Southam Design)
- Aqua & Warm Wood: The mix of sleek aqua wall cabinets (including the ones under the stairs!) with the honey-tinged, wood-grain drawers of the island gives this kitchen a distinctly contemporary feel. (via Merzbau Design Collective)
- Blue Hutch: Not ready to go all-out blue? Try painting one storage piece, like a hutch, in your favorite cobalt, aqua, or pool hue. (via Adrienne Chin)
- Denim Blue: Exactly the color of faded denim, these cabinets, with a mix of solid and glass fronts, create a perfectly serene vibe in the spacious kitchen. (via Von Fitz Design)