Grass, sage, hunter, or lime — there are seemingly endless shades of green to put to use in your kitchen. And what's our favorite way to add color to any kitchen? With bright, bold cabinets.
Yes, white kitchens are chic. Natural wood can be made to look anything from polished to rustic. But using a bright color makes a wonderfully bold statement that we can't get enough of. Here are 15 of our favorite kitchens with beautiful green cabinets, from rustic sage numbers to Cameron Diaz's glam green space.
- Mint Green Farmhouse - Donald Lococo Architects: Let's ease into the green, shall we? This farmhouse kitchen with mint green cabinets is simple, subtle, and serene.
- Kelly Green Kitchen - The Kitchn: You might recognize this stylish kitchen from our previous post, but we couldn't help revisiting it. The homeowner does a great job of complementing the green with the exposed brick, natural wood, and copper accents.
- High-Gloss Lime Green - Deane Rooms Everlasting: Lime green might not be the right choice for everyone, but you have to admit that this kitchen is a stunner! We love how sleek it is, and the fact that the open shelving is lime green, too.
- Jade Cabinets & Herringbone Tile - Kishani Perera: The combination of the bright cabinets and the sleek herringbone backsplash is what made us do a double-take with this kitchen. It's the perfect combination of bold and sleek.
- Grass Green Tall Cabinets - Apartment Therapy: We love that these bright cabinets also dominate so much space in the kitchen. The fact that they extend to the ceiling means they're truly statement-making.
- Rustic Green - Dan Joseph Architects: Don't think that all colorful kitchens have to have a sleek high-gloss finish. This rustic version proves that you can add color to any space.
- Faded Green - Better Homes & Gardens: This faded green with a blue undertone is lovely, but the kitchen made our list for another reason; it's the perfect example of how great green and copper look when paired.
- Sage Cabinets - Houzz: This family took a very traditionally styled kitchen and gave it a little something extra with the sage green cabinets. It's a good example of giving a standard space some character.
- Light Moss Kitchen - Hooked on Houses: This kitchen actually belonged to singer Linda Ronstadt. We love the fact that the light moss color is paired with a warm cream on the walls instead of a stark white. It makes for a much more welcoming kitchen.
- Emerald Open Kitchen - E/L Studio: We love the way this emerald green kitchen is the focus of the living space in this home. With everything else in white or light wood, it really stands out.
- Green Island - Style Me Pretty: There's no reason you have to paint all your cabinets green. This green island is a perfect example of creating one statement section of your kitchen.
- Pea Green & Concrete - Barrett Studio Architects: With the concrete slab walls, this kitchen could feel incredibly cold, but the warm wood island counter and the almost pastel green cabinets do a lot to warm it up.
- Green & Brown - Patricia Brennan Architects: This kitchen really sticks to the green and brown theme by pulling in those colors in the subway tile backsplash.
- Green Galley Kitchen - Greg Natale: Don't be afraid to use color in a small kitchen. This narrow galley kitchen is the perfect example of how to use green in a small space. We especially love the black and white tile floors that complement the marble counters and backsplash.
- Jade & Brass - Elle Decor: This glam jewel-toned kitchen belongs to none other than Cameron Diaz, and we can understand why it's her favorite room. The brass edging and fixtures on the cabinets are perfection.