Simple syrups help cocktails come alive, with their subtle sweetness and herbaceous or fruity notes. So what would Cocktail Week be without a mention of some of our very favorite simple syrups?
The thing about simple syrup recipes is that they're more a source of inspiration rather than a hard and fast rule. Regardless of what you're adding to your recipe, you make them pretty much the same way, by boiling down water and sugar and whatever herbs or fruits you may choose into a nice, sweet syrup that livens up any cocktail and is wonderful spooned over fresh fruit or ice cream. So think of the the following recipes as guide-posts and inspiration for different flavor profiles and approaches to your next batch of simple syrup.
Try a Simple Syrup:
• Rhubarb Simple Syrup - Whitney in Chicago
• Lavender Simple Syrup - Zoe Bakes
• Ginger Simple Syrup- Martha Stewart
• Thyme Simple Syrup - My Worldwide Culinary Adventure
• Thimbleberry Rosemary Simple Syrup - Salon
• Basil Simple Syrup - Shockingly Delicious
• Blackberry Blueberry Simple Syrup - Shockingly Delicious
• Grapefruit Simple Syrup - Culinate
• Rosemary Simple Syrup - 101 Cookbooks
• Strawberry Black Pepper Syrup - Food Republic
Related: Straight-Up: DIY Simple Syrup
(Image: Faith Durand)