Liquored-Up Sweets: 11 Spiked and Boozy Desserts
We just kicked off Cocktail Week, but we’re going to take a little detour into desserts. Boozy desserts. Some of our favorite uses for liquor involve baked goods and other treats; here’s a look back at some of our own recipes!
• 1. Sticky Spiked Double-Apple Cake with a Brown Sugar-Brandy Sauce – This amazing cake packs quite a wallop!
• 2. Boozy Campari Citrus Pops – With the refreshing bite of Campari!
• 3. Spicy Boozy Mousse – With dark rum or cognac.
• 4. Plum Sorbet with Lemon Verbena Cream – Spiked with plummy, jammy kirsch.
• 5. Spiked Lemon Ginger Sorbet – Spiked with whiskey for a smoother sorbet.
• 6. Chocolate Bourbon Truffle-Turtle Tart – Just a hint of bourbon…
• 7. Nutty Chocolate Tart – A nutty tart served with a healthy dollop of boozed-up whipped cream.
• 8. Prunes Stewed in Port Wine – Don’t let their humble appearance fool you; these are amazing.
• 9. Spiced Red Wine Syrup – Tremendous treat over ice cream, and
• 10. Honey and Spice Poached Pears – These are poached in just water and spices, but try it with white wine or muscat instead.
• 11. Guinness-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream – Beer in ice cream? Oh yes.
What are your favorite dessert recipes involving booze?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)