Over at Katy Elliot, there's a post on kitchen Windsor or grange chairs. We hadn't really heard the name before, but they're a compact, low version of the traditional Windsor chair. It makes sense: a small chair is generally best in the kitchen, which is a tight and busy space in most of our homes:
In reading the Katy Elliot post, we grew quite smitten with the little chairs and went searching for a few examples. Pictured above are some favorites we found:
- from James Dew & Sons), $420
- a cozy little kitchen by Stephen Shadley Designs, Inc.
- hoop back windsor chairs shown at Windsor Chairs UK
- a small pair in a kitchen from House Beautiful
- a blue-painted set at a dark table
What do you think of petite-sized Windsor chairs in the kitchen? Are they easier to work around than other chair designs?