To celebrate Small Cool, here's a look at a kitchen from the most recent Apartment Therapy house tour: a big old brownstone with a teeny IKEA kitchen.
• 1 The kitchen is basically the entryway to the home, a small space for a kitchen in an otherwise huge and beautiful apartment.
• 2 The landlord recently updated the kitchen with basic IKEA cabinets.
• 3 Nicole kept the kitchen very simple and minimalist, in keeping with the rest of their home.
• 4 But we do love the fresh flowers and this simple hanging board with hooks for essential kitchen tools.
• 5 And there will be plenty of plant life: Nicole is starting 24 lavender plants!
• See the full house tour: House Tour: Nicole's Extravagant Monastic Parlor
Also! Is your home under 1200 square feet? Do you have an inspiring small-space story to tell? Enter the Small Cool 2009 contest:
(Images: Jill Slater for Apartment Therapy)