Kitchen Spotlight: Pierre Hermé’s Paris Kitchen
A few thoughts:
• 1 We’re so impressed by the sleek, modern minimalism of his kitchen. It’s not surprising: Hermé’s work is marked by precision and a spare yet whimsical modern flair.
• 2 The row of hooks over the sink (and what are those bowls??) is really lovely.
• 3 Modern stovetop – induction, perhaps? And is that the oven underneath? We really wonder whether he bakes at home or not.
• 4 A piece of wasabi, the signature flavor of his newest macaron.
• 5 And no visit would be complete without a look at his perfect little macaron cookies.
Have you ever tried a Pierre Hermé recipe or confection?
• See the full tour: Pierre Hermé – At his home – Paris – March 11 2009
And for a look at another Paris pastry chef at home, go look at our tour of David Lebovitz’s kitchen:
• Kitchen Tour: At Home in Paris with David Lebovitz
(All images: The Selby)