Kitchen Spotlight: Holly and Sean’s Hot Pink
It’s the first day of May and the sun is shining! We’re ready to throw open the windows and bring color into the kitchen. For inspiration we turned to a favorite house tour from San Francisco, a tour with many shots of a colorful yet practical small kitchen.
Sean and Holly used many low-cost solutions to create a unique look for their Nob Hill apartment and kitchen, and there are a few signature details that really pop out. An incredible KitchenAid mixer, the best solution we’ve seen yet for old food magazines, and more below…
• We like the practicality of Sean and Holly’s kitchen. Even though they downsized from a larger apartment in Charleston, South Carolina, they have made this smaller space work well for them. Their spice rack above is from Williams-Sonoma.
• The pot rack is from IKEA.
• And now… that amazing hot pink mixer, a gift from Holly’s uncle. What a vibrant color – we’ve never seen such a hot pink appliance before.
• Their small vintage treasures keep the mixer from feeling overly bright or too retro.
• We just really like the small pops of color – tasteful and cheery without overwhelming the kitchn in kitsch.
• Excellent and practical solution for all those leftover food magazines! If we stored them like this we might actually use all those back issues of Gourmet. Related: Organization: Getting Rid of Old Food Magazines
• Daffodils and a birdhouse out the kitchen window. Lovely!
Original Home Tour
• SF House Tour: Holly and Sean’s Global Style