Kitchen Basics: 15 Ways to Start Cooking At Home
Maybe you want to start cooking more at home, but don’t know where to start. Or maybe you feel intimidated because you don’t have the best knife or have never turned on the oven in your life. Well, we spent a lot of time this year putting together cooking tutorials, recommending tools, and filling in the blanks in our recipe archive. Whether you’re looking for knife skills basics or a good recipe for roast chicken, this is a good place to start.
MORE BASIC KITCHEN TOOLS:
• 6 How to Choose the Best Dutch Oven: And Use It Well
• 7 Five Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a Stand Mixer
• 8 Best Bakeware for Under $20
• 9 Which is Better: A Blender or a Food Processor?
• 10 Five Favorite Mixing Bowl Sets
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn’s end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
More of the Best of 2010
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)