Julia’s Favorite Tools: Why She Loves Her Copper Mixing Bowl and Imusa Lemon Squeezer
Julia cooks in a simple, industrial-style loft where she’s learned to pare down and organize her cooking supplies to adapt to the limited storage and open space she shares with her mixologist boyfriend, Julian. “This place has taught me to be really on top of maintenance, and to keep everything I need in good shape” she says. Here are a few of her favorite tools:
Julia’s Favorite Tools
- Julia’s large copper mixing bowl is 12 inches and perfect for mixing up mashed potatoes, one of her favorite treats. These bowls from Amazon are similar to hers.
- If you’re going to make mashed potatoes, you’re going to need a peeler. Julia’s favorite is the Ecko Peeler/Corer, noting that it will stand up to a hefty amount of tater work.
- Julia’s other specialty is salad dressings, which usually require either lemon juice or garlic. While she struggles with finding the perfect garlic press, her Imusa Lemon Squeezer is never far from hand: “Constantly. I constantly use it,” she says.
- Also never far away is the Le Creuset pie dish she uses for baking, well, everything. “If it’s going in the oven it’s in this dish.”
- Rounding out the champion kitchen tools is her Cuisinart Food Processor. “I looked for the smallest one they made, because we store everything out in the open. It’s worth having, though.”