Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
On a busy weeknight the last thing you want to do is make a trip to the specialty grocery store or cook such a complicated meal that you’ll be washing dishes for an hour afterward. What you need are recipes that are easy yet fresh and nourishing. Isa Chandra Moskowitz comes to the rescue with her latest cookbook, Isa Does It. The book is filled with pantry-friendly, satisfying recipes for every day of the week — and, yes, they’re vegan, too!
• Who wrote it: Isa Chandra Moskowitz
• Who published it: Little, Brown and Company
• Number of recipes: 150+
• Recipes for right now: Sweet Potato & Red Curry Soup, Korean BBQ Portobello Burgers, Shiitake Banh Mi, Ancho-Lentil Tacos, Chimichurri-Pumpkin Bowl, Carrot Cake Pancakes
• Other highlights: The founder of Post Punk Kitchen and author of numerous cookbooks including Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance, Isa Chandra Moskowitz is known for her gratifying and playful meatless recipes. In Isa Does It she shares recipes that can be made any day of the week in 30 minutes or less or with significant downtime. In addition, she focuses on recipes using supermarket and pantry ingredients, and involving as few dishes as possible. Among the 150+ recipes are soups and stews, salads, sandwiches and burgers, pasta dishes, bowls, breakfasts, desserts, and more.
People new to vegan food or even cooking in general will appreciate Isa’s friendly, approachable style and conversational headnotes. There are also helpful photo tutorials on “vegan butchery” showing how to easily cut tofu and tempeh into cubes, triangles, and other shapes. For veteran vegans, the book offers plenty of fresh ideas and recipes inspired by many traditions from American comfort food to Indian, Italian, Thai, Mexican, and other world cuisines.
• Who would enjoy this book? both new and longtime vegans and vegetarians, people interested in eating more meatless meals, busy cooks looking for weeknight recipes
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
• Visit the author’s website: Post Punk Kitchen
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emily Han)