Everything You Need to Know About Your New Instant Pot
Congratulations on your new Instant Pot! Whether you’ve been coveting this multi-cooker for months or it was a surprise holiday gift, I can tell you from experience that it’s going to be a game-changer in the kitchen.
Now it’s time to get the ball rolling to figure out how to use this thing. If at first glance — even after the first read through the manual — it feels a little confusing and counter-intuitive, know that you aren’t alone in thinking that. (In fact, it’s exactly how I felt at first.) But it’s actually easier than it seems to pick up. And to help you along, we’ve rounded up all the important things you need to know about your new Instant Pot, including smart tips and tricks for cooking and cleaning and, of course, must-make recipes.
Instant Pot Reviews
I found that the most helpful way to get started with my Instant Pot a few years ago was simply by reading about other peoples’ experiences with the appliance. Here’s what some of us had to say.
Getting Started with Your Instant Pot
Before you get cooking, here are a few helpful and inspiring things to know.
- 6 Things You Should Know About Your New Instant Pot
- All the Things We’ve Learned About the Instant Pot Since Writing About It in 2015
- What’s the Difference Between All the Instant Pot Models?
- The One Thing to Do Before Slow Cooking in an Instant Pot
- The Recipe That Finally Got Me Excited About the Instant Pot
- The Best Cookbook for the Instant Pot
- 10 Cooks Share Their Favorite Things to Make in the Instant Pot
Helpful Things to Know About Your Instant Pot
This will help you get a handle on the ins and outs of your Instant Pot and some of its functions.
- When (and Why) to Use the Steamer Basket in Your Instant Pot
- Did You Know Your Instant Pot Can Do This?
- The Smart Feature on Your Instant Pot You’re Probably Not Using
- What You Can Learn from One-Star Amazon Reviews for the Instant Pot
- 5 Things We Learned About the Instant Pot from Melissa Clark’s New Cookbook
Smart Tips for Cooking with Your Instant Pot
Start here with some smart (and unexpected) tips and tricks to set yourself up for cooking success.
- The First Thing to Always Do After Sealing Your Instant Pot Lid
- When to Use High or Low Pressure on the Instant Pot
- What’s the Difference Between Natural Release and Rapid Release for Pressure Cookers?
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Cooking Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Did You Know You Can Make Iced Tea in Your Instant Pot?
- Did You Know You Could Make Popcorn in the Instant Pot?
- Um, Did You Know You Can Make Wine in Your Instant Pot?
Easier Meal Prep with Your Instant Pot
Work your Instant Pot into your meal prep routine and, as many of us can attest, you will not be disappointed.
Cleaning Your Instant Pot
Because after all that cooking, you’re gonna have to clean it sometime. We also tell you how to deal with that stinky sealing ring.
Our Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
From the basics to super-fast suppers, and everything in between, we have you covered with recipe inspiration.
Extras Worth Getting for Your Instant Pot
Your Instant Pot comes with a cooking pot and trivet, and now there are so many additional accessories you can get to make cooking even easier and more fun. Here are a few of our favorites.