10 Impressive Butter Sculptures from Across the Country
Mhmm you butter believe that these large cows and princesses are made out of butter (sorry, not sorry). These strange and kind of awesome sculptures are a staple at many state fairs across the country. What is your fair’s butter sculpture this year?
What you might not know is that the history of butter sculptures is an ancient Tibetan Buddhist tradition and was also popular in the European renaissance –– crazy, right?
Here are some of the more mind-blowing ones that I tracked down from the last few years or so:
- 1 Minnesota State Fair, 2008 – photo by Haimanti Weld – Every year in Minnesota the winner of Princess Kay of the Milky Way gets her head carved into butter for the state fair.
- 2 NY State Fair, 2009 – photo by Mo Barger
- 3 PA Farm Show, 2011 – photo by EJ
- 4 Ohio State Fair 2013 – Zanesville Times Recorder – this butter sculpture is a tribute to Glenville Thomas, the founder of the All-Ohio Youth Choir
- 5 NY State Fair, 2008 – photo by Joe Shlabotnik
- 6 Eastern States Exposition, 2009 – photo by yourFAVORITEmartian – Just look at the detail on those trees!
- 7 Marilyn Monroe – Texas State Fair, 2006 – photo by Megan
- 8 PA Farm Show, 2013 – photo by US RT 40
- 9 Jabba the Hut, 2009 – Agnes Makes
- 10 Obama and McCain – Erie County Fair, 2008 – photo by Kevin Eye
Learn How To Make Your Own Butter Sculpture → The Huffington Post
(Images: As Linked)