The Best Hidden Gems at IKEA, According to Our Readers
Like Trader Joe’s, Costco, and Target, IKEA has its own cult following. And even infrequent IKEA shoppers have probably heard of the RÅSKOG Utility Cart and the BILLY Bookcase. But for every one of those super-popular products, there are a dozen lesser-known ones. So we polled our readers, loyal IKEA shoppers, to dig up some of the best, most underrated products. This way, there’s less pressure on you when you’re wandering through that snake-like maze.
Here are 12 of the best hidden gems at IKEA, according to our readers.
- KORKEN Jars, $3 each: “The KORKEN jars look phenomenal on open shelves or in a glass-door cabinet.”
- LÄMPLIG Chopping Board, $20: “For just $20, the LÄMPLIG chopping board is huge, quite thick, and looks great.”
- ELLY Dish Towels, $4 for four: “I love the dish towels! They don’t pill or shed, aren’t too thick or too thin — just right.”
- SVALKA Wine Glasses, $5 for six: “The wine glasses look great and are so cheap!”
- GRUNKA Kitchen Utensil Set, $5 for four: “The GRUNKA all-stainless cooking utensils are very nice for the price.”
- AGAM Junior Chair, $50: “Their AGAM junior chairs for kids are awesome and look great at the dinner table.”
- ASPEKT Knife Sharpener, $5: “They have a great knife sharpener and good knives.”
- KALAS Dinnerware, $2.50 for six bowls, plates, or tumblers: “The KALAS plastic kids’ plates, cups, and bowls are the best!”
- DRAGON Coffee Spoon, $5 for six: “We love the little DRAGON espresso spoons.”
- FÖRTROLIG Food Containers, $15 for three: “IKEA has these pretty awesome glass storage containers for the fridge.”
- BEVARA, $3 for 30: “I love their giant cheap bag of BEVARA ‘chip clips’ to seal all kinds of bags shut.”
- STENSTORP, $399: “The STENSTORP is the best hidden gem at IKEA! We have it and it looks and feels like we spent $1,500 at Pottery Barn.”
Did we miss any of your favorites? Add them in the comments below!