Did you know that you can buy IKEA stuff through Amazon? I learned this a few years ago, when searching for a kids' table and chairs for my girls. I'm honestly not sure whether IKEA has authorized sellers or there are a few entrepreneurial souls who have made a living doing this (seems like the latter!), but I'm grateful!
Until fairly recently, IKEA products weren't available online, and even now, not everything can be bought through their site. Plus, their shipping costs range from $9 to $59 for the very largest items. So while the Amazon prices are always higher than those on the IKEA site, they might not be that much more with home delivery in mind. And, there's the sheer convenience of seamlessly adding these items into your cart alongside your gluten-free bread and diapers — and not having to make a day-long trip to the maze-y store.
Here are 10 totally-worth-the-extra-money IKEA finds you might not have realized you can buy on Amazon.
- SVAMPIG sponges, $10 for 12: IKEA's signature gray-and-white sponges get bundled in bulk if you want to buy them on Amazon.
- VARIERA plastic bag dispenser, $21 for two: Can you call a plastic bag dispenser iconic? Because at least one person in my family has had this under a sink for the last 25 years.
- PLASTIS dish brush, $8.50 for three: So these are two bucks at IKEA, but they're still decently priced on Amazon — just under $3 each.
- IKEA PS cabinet, $178: Once you factor in the shipping cost from IKEA, this one's a pretty good deal for a cabinet that can work as a sideboard or extra storage in the kitchen.
- BEHÖVD vacuum thermos carafe, $15: Great for hot or cold liquids and so stylish.
- BEVARA sealing clips, $6.50 for 30: This set should be enough to close up every open bag of chips in your kitchen — and then some. And the Amazon markup is still cheaper than having them shipped through IKEA's site.
- BEKVÄM step stool, $39: Use this to reach the top shelf or get the kids level to the counter.
- FANTAST meat thermometer/timer, $12: Cook your meat to perfection with this handy thermometer. When not in use, you can use the magnet to stick the device to the fridge or stove.
- RIMFORSA tablet stand, $32: Never underestimate the power of a good tablet stand — especially if your cooking style tends to be, um, on the messier side.
- PRODUKT milk frother, $6.50: One of our freelance writers swears this little gadget is all it takes to make nut milk taste like real milk in a coffee. (See: The $3 IKEA Find That Makes Coffee with Nut Milk Taste Like It Has Real Milk in It.)
Have you ever bought IKEA stuff on Amazon? What'd ya get?