8 Space-Saving Table Ideas for Small Balcony Dining
If you’re lucky enough to find yourself with outdoor space, we’re going to guess dining al fresco is one of your favorite summer activities. But if you’re faced with a small balcony, or even just a fire escape, how do you make the most of the space so you can have dinner in the great outdoors? Here are some space-saving solutions that prove that no matter its size, a balcony is meant to be enjoyed.
- Pallet Bar – Remodelista: If you don’t have a lot of floor space, consider affixing your bar or serving station to the wall of your balcony. We love this option made by Lake Highlands Pallet Creations.
- Hideaway Dining Set – BHG: Save as much space as possible with a dining set that hides the chairs when they aren’t in use.
- Breakfast Bar – Yahoo!: If you have enough space to leave a breakfast bar up all the time, consider this option. You can use it as a place to sit or a place to set up drinks and snacks for entertaining.
- Foldable Table – Lowe’s: This smart DIY table attaches to the outside of your house and folds flat when it’s not in use. Plus, you can customize it to fit your patio decor.
- DIY Pallet Buffet Table – Love the Here and Now: This table is easy to make and super skinny, so it won’t take up a lot of space on your balcony or patio. Plus, the paving stones make for an inexpensive concrete top.
- Hanging Table – Home Edit: This simple table hangs directly over your balcony or fire escape railing. Even better, it can be moved around so you can sit in or avoid the sun depending on your preference.
- Bistro or Cafe Table – Liz Marie Blog: A small bistro or cafe table is perfect for a narrow balcony. There’s just enough space for the table and chairs, and you can add extra stools if you’re expecting additional guests.
- Folding Railing Table – Apartment Therapy: This cozy balcony is perfect for an evening cocktail. Even better, the railing table collapses when you are done using it.