Your neighbors are all probably putting out American flags in anticipation of America's birthday. And you could too, or you could do something that the Joneses and Smiths haven't thought of and make this cute (and easy!) DIY wreath using cupcake liners in patriotic colors. You can hang it on your front door, from a tree, or anywhere else around your cookout.
Your 4th of July party won't be complete without one. Here's a quick video that'll show you how to put it together.
Festive Cupcake Wreath: Watch the Video
How To Turn Cupcake Wrappers into a Door Wreath
Makes 1 wreath
What You Need
- 40 to 50 cupcake wrappers
- 1 styrofoam wreath form
- Several inches of string, twine, or leather cord
- Straight pins
- Stack a few cupcake liners: Count out 8 to 10 cupcake liners and stack them. Using scissors, make a cut through the fluted side of the liners and up to the flat base.
- Cut out the base: Continue cutting around the flat base of the cupcake liner until the fluted sides have been separated.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2: Keep going until you've cut up all of your liners.
- Wrap the liners around the wreath form: Working with one liner at a time, use a straight pin to attach one end of the liner to the styrofoam wreath form. Wrap the rest of the liner around the same segment of the wreath and secure the other end with another pin.
- Repeat step 4: Make your way around until the entire wreath form is covered.
- Add a hanging loop: Add a loop of string, twine, or leather cord so that your wreath can be hung on a door or around your next party.
- This wreath is obviously for the 4th of July, but you can make one that's appropriate for any holiday by getting creative with your cupcake wrapper colors and patterns.
How are you celebrating the 4th of July?