How to Make Your Whole30 So Much More Doable
If you’ve considered trying the Whole30®, you’ve probably gotten hung up on its elimination strategy. Once you take beans, grains, cheese, dairy, alcohol, sugar (and a lot of other stuff) out of your diet, you get the feeling that your recipe options are a little…not there. But any Whole30® vet will tell you how you’ll soon start focusing on the many foods you can eat, and that going through it is so worth it to learn so much about your relationship with food.
However, they’re also likely to tell you the planning can be somewhat challenging.
Don’t let this be a deal breaker! The 30 days become a lot more doable when you get some help sourcing compliant ingredients and thinking of fulfilling and delicious ways to use them. Blue Apron is a pro at delivering fresh ingredients and yummy recipes right to your door, so it makes total sense that they’re now offering Whole30® compliant meal boxes. The plan lasts through the end of February, and new customers get $40 off their first 2 boxes.
Why Whole30® x Blue Apron?
- It’s a reset. The Whole30® is a month-long program that helps you reset your health, habits and relationship with food. Yes, it can be hard but it’s only 30 days. Thirty days is pretty manageable.
- It’s healthy. For a month, you eat only nutrient-dense foods like meat, seafood, eggs, lots of vegetables and fruit, natural healthy fats, herbs, spices, and seasonings. Blue Apron sources those ingredients from local farms, suppliers and artisans, and delivers them to your door.
- It’s not a diet. It’s a way to be more mindful about eating. The goal is to reset your cravings, metabolism, digestion and immune system. It’s also really helpful if you’re trying to understand how certain foods affect your body.
- You’ll cook more. Both Whole30® and Blue Apron will help you cook more meals from scratch. They’ll also expand your repertoire with recipes like Mexican Spiced Barramundi, Togarashi Chicken Lettuce Cups, Seared Salmon and Harissa Vegetables with Roasted Red Onion Vinaigrette and Chrispy Chicken & Italian Tomato Sauce with Potato & Swiss Chard.
How It Works
- The partnership started in January and runs through the end of February.
- Blue Apron is offering 2 Whole30® meals per week.
- To order, just select the 2-person plan. You can either sign up for 2 or 3 meals per week. Each meal serves 2. (If you choose the 3-meal option, you’ll get 2 Whole30® meals, plus an additional non-Whole30® meal. If there are people in your house not trying Whole30®, they’ll appreciate that.)
- Once you sign up, you’ll pick your recipes and update your menu choices to make sure you’re receiving 2 Whole30® meals each week.
- After you’ve finished the Whole30®, Blue Apron will continue to give you 8 recipes to choose from each week and you can choose any combination you’d like! You can also skip or cancel the service at any time.
Ready to get going? Try Blue Apron x Whole30®
(And get $40 off your first two weeks!)
This post was created by the Kitchn Creative Studio and is sponsored by Blue Apron.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Kitchn possible.