5 Smoothie Kits for a Week of Make-Ahead Breakfasts
By nature, smoothies are a quick and easy breakfast that are both nourishing and convenient to enjoy when you’re on the go. But there is a way to make them even easier. The key to a smart smoothie routine isn’t just the pairing of ingredients you load in the blender — it’s knowing the best way to get a jump-start on your favorite breakfast drink by making smoothie kits in advance.
What Are Smoothie Kits?
If smoothies are a regular part of your morning routine, make-ahead smoothie kits are the ultimate breakfast hack you need in your life. Smoothie kits are the smart, make-ahead solution that store all the produce for a smoothie together in a single bag. It’s easy enough to pull together in just a few minutes, and come morning it means you’re not rummaging through the freezer for three different bags of fruit, then trying to find the spinach that’s buried somewhere in the back of the fridge.
Don’t Forget to Label the Bags
This is always the first thing I do, before even adding any fruit or veggies to the freezer bag. It takes the guesswork out of bringing smoothie kits to life. With a variety of smoothie packs hanging out in the freezer, it’s helpful to know what you’re reaching for and what you’ll need to blend it together.
Before filling the bags, label each with the name of the smoothie, along with the quantity of any additional ingredients to be added for blending. Remember you can also wash and reuse your freezer bags.
Blend It Up in the Morning
Make-ahead smoothie kits take just about all the legwork out of morning smoothie prep — when time is usually tight and you’re in a rush. All that’s left for you to do is add your liquid of choice to the blender, along with a nut butter or protein powder (if you like). Then dump in the contents of the smoothie kit and blend away.
5 Make-Ahead Kits + 15 Minutes = A Week of Smoothies
These smoothie kits come together in minutes with just a handful of fruits and veggies.
- Super Greens Smoothie: This kit starts with your favorite type of greens, which are paired with chopped zucchini, ripe avocado, banana, and a pitted date. It’s the makings of a not-too-sweet smoothie that’s totally nourishing.
- Tropical Turmeric Smoothie: To give you a taste of the tropics, this kit comes together with a medley of sweet topical fruits and a pop of pungent fresh ginger. Just add the liquid of your choice and a dash of turmeric when it’s time to blend.
- Mango-Orange Smoothie: Citrus-lovers, rejoice! Sweet orange segments are paired with tropical mango for a big punch of vitamin C, plus banana for a cool, creamy finish.
- Peach-Raspberry Smoothie: This kit features peaches, raspberries, and cauliflower (yes, cauliflower!) for a subtly sweet smoothie with an extra-creamy texture.
- PB&J Smoothie: Each smoothie pack is filled with peanut butter (the “PB”) and cherries and strawberries (the “J”), plus sliced banana for extra creaminess. When it’s time to blend, add your liquid of choice.