How To Make a Wedding Cake, The Best Cheap Cabernet, and What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites This Time Last Year
Here’s a peek at some of the best stuff happening at The Kitchn a year ago this week. There were some very popular posts published this time a year ago: the very best cheap Cabernet Sauvignon (a list we’ve referred to over and over again this year), a manifesto on how to make a wedding cake, margaritas made with beer (or strawberries), a very cool little Japanese gadget, a video review of a salad spinner, and recipes for panna cotta and homemade bubble gum, plus ideas for leftover egg whites.
• How to choose good cheap wine – Cabernet Sauvignon, plus a website for consolidating wine reviews.
• Throw an Iron Chef dinner party!
• In season: Lita squash
• How to make your own wedding cake (without losing your mind).
• Book review: Local Bread by Daniel Leader.
• Rosemary lemon white bean dip – yum!
• Good ideas for leftover egg whites.
• DIY bubble gum!
• Cheap, creative garden planters that are cute too.
Previous Year Ago Lookback Cookies On the Dashboard, DIY Vinaigrettes, Summer Popsicle Molds, and How Many Cups Are In a Gallon