What was happening here at The Kitchn a year ago this week? We are always trying to keep in touch with the seasons and rhythms of the year as we cook, so it's fun to look back at what we were cooking last February and March. There's a delicious winter salad with squash and cranberries, Dana's very first weekend meditation, a lively discussion on boxed cake mixes, and much, much more.
A year ago this week was an exciting time, since this was when we welcomed several new writers to the site. It's been a whole year since they've been here; here's a look at some of their earliest posts.
• Washing Up Buddha, a first Weekend Meditation from Dana.
• What do you do with brown bananas? Lots of good ideas here.
• Cous Cous Salad with Winter Squash and Cranberries, all soft and smeary and yummy. A first post from Emma.
• Sick? Try the BRAT diet.
• Cute and colorful Eiko egg boilers from Vessel.
• The perfect cookie: how to achieve it.
• How to open a durian fruit, in vivid color! An early post by Kathryn.
• Eat oatmeal for lunch as well as breakfast.
• How to defrost frozen meat safely and easily.
• Leeks braised with white wine and lemon served over pasta.
Previous Lookback: Spiced Apple Cider, Basic Tomato Sauce, and a Cheese Cats Love