We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
When was the last time you picked up something new in the produce aisle of your grocery store or farmers market? It’s time to put your smarts to the test. All of these mystery ingredients from our Good Questions column are either a vegetable, fruit, or herb. How many of them can you identify?
1. Do you have any idea what this round thing is (pictured above)?
2. What about this crazy lettuce?
3. Have you ever seen this round green thing in the grocery store?
4. No, this isn’t just a crazy lemon. Can you guess what it is?
5. You can eat this thing?! What is it?
6. What is this strange orange thing? It’s food?!
7. Yup, you can eat this thing apparently. Guess what it is?
8. I have no idea what this root thing is, do you?