Hot Rum Cow & Jalapeño Margarita: 8 Drinks for Winter
Our favorite winter cocktails fall into two major camps: Hot, luxurious drinks to warm us up from head to toe, and then drinks that take advantage of bright winter citrus. Here’s a look at eight favorite cocktails for winter — four that are hot and made for sipping, like Hot Rum Cow; and another four that are bright and tangy with Meyer lemons, blood oranges and other seasonal citrus.
• 1 Hot Rum Cow – Rum, vanilla, milk. So simple and comforting.
• 2 Bourbon Cough Syrup for Grownups – A hot toddy by any other name is, well, medicine.
• 3 Hot Apple-Ginger Toddy – Another twist on the classic hot toddy.
• 4 Irish Whiskey Skin – Just what you want for St. Patrick’s Day.
• 5 Spicy-Cool Blood Orange-Jalapeño Margaritas – Turning to the citrus end of things, this spicy drink will warm you up too!
• 6 Meyer Lemon Whiskey Sour: A Sunny Drink for Winter – A simple, refreshing drink.
• 7 Jack Rose Cocktail – Citrus and grenadine make for a pretty drink.
• 8 Maple Syrup Cocktails – Celebrate both winter and spring with a maple syrup sip.
What’s your favorite spiked or boozy drink to sip this time of year?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits.)