What to get your mom for the holidays? Certainly not a vacuum cleaner! (Unless she specifically asked for one, that is.) You want to get something that will make her feel like the queen she is. The only problem? You're totally stumped.
Try one of these thoughtful gifts.
- Stripes & Dots Bowl, $60 at More & Co.: Your mom will be bowled over when she opens this handmade piece. At 7.5 inches in diameter, it makes a great serving bowl or fruit bowl.
- TVS Liquida Grill Pan, from $63 at Anthropologie: Nonstick pans aren't usually this pretty! This looker is functional, too, with channeled grooves, which result in even caramelization and a spout for fat run off.
- Enamel + Leather Utensil Holder, $48 from Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co.: If your mom is serious about her kitchen tools, she might like the fact that this utensil holder has a carrying strap. This way, she can grab it on her way to do some cooking at your house. It's a present for both of you!
- Walnut Recipe Box, $175 from Kaufmann Mercantile: For moms who still use old-school hand-written recipes, this box can hold up to 700 index cards.
- Coconut Sugar Cubes, $22 from Harper + Ari: A gift card to a spa might be out of your price range, but this bottle of exfoliating sugar cubes is almost just as good. Tell your mom she can use them in the shower or the tub.
- Large Origami Vase, $67 at Andrew Molleur: Available in six color options (we're partial to the peach ombré!), this vase looks good even without flowers.
- 770 Caddy, $80 at Alice Tacheny: Your mom can bring this to work to dress up her desk and organize all her paper clips, or she can keep it at home on the coffee table and fill it with chocolate-covered almonds.
- Santa Fe Planter, $32 at The Salt Cure: You know how moms always marvel at the cute and interesting things you manage to find? This planter will get one of those signature "Where did you ever find something like this?" reactions.
- Grandma's Kitchen Candle, $30 at Homesick: This sweet-smelling candle could represent your own mom (if you just had a kid), her mom, or her grandmother.
- Small Sectional Tray, $48 at Felt & Fat: A grown-up version of a divided kiddie plate, this can be a nice way to thank your mom for dealing with you and all your picky-eating ways when you were a kid.