Mince Pie & Plum Pudding: 5 Classic Christmas Desserts
You can’t have Christmas dinner without dessert, am I right? This year, I’m thinking about going old school and making one of these traditional Christmas favorites.
• Almond-Sherry Christmas Trifle from Gourmet – Some assembly required with this boozy dessert. I’ll hazard a guess that it’s totally worth it.
• Bûche de Noël with Marzipan Mushrooms from Epicurious – The most impressive way to serve chocolate cake ever!
• Ultimate Christmas Pudding from Nigella Lawson – Nigella does it right with this prune-stuffed and sherry-infused cake. Served flaming.
• Christmas Croquembouche from The Kitchn – A tower of cream-filled puffs makes an extra-special finish to the Christmas meal.
• Orange, Cranberry, and Almond Mincemeat Pies from BBC Good Food – Don’t be scared away by the name. These sweet pies are filled with a tasty mix of minced fruits and ground nuts. (Though if you want the really traditional recipe made with beef fat, check out David Lebovitz’s recipe.)
What’s on the menu for dessert at your Christmas dinner?
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.