Holiday Travel: 10 Delicious, Portable Snack Recipes
It’s that time of year again where we all pack into planes, trains, and automobiles to visit family and friends near and far. And if there’s one thing we’ve learned: you can’t rely on food in airports, train stations, and truck stops.
We sat down and compiled a list of some of our favorite snack food recipes perfect for holiday travel. Our criteria: easy to pack and carry around, not messy, and delicious, of course. From crackers to granola bars to healthy cookies, we looked for recipes that would also pack a little punch of protein to keep you going until the end of your journey. Safe travels to all!
• Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts – 101 Cookbooks
• Cheez-It-Ish Crackers – A Day That is Dessert
• Homemade Chex Mix – Dana Treat
• Sara’s Granola Bars – Food 52
• Union Popcorn – Seven Spoons
• Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Amatuer Gourmet
• Beet Chips – Martha Stewart
• Coconut Date Bars – Whole Living
• Sesame Coins – Sweet Amandine
• Graham Crackers – Smitten Kitchen