HFCS Proven Risky & Double-Chocolate Breakfast Muffins This Time Last Year
There was a lot going on this time last year! High fructose corn syrup was finally proven to be less than healthy while Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution rolled into US schools. Read more about these, plus get a tour of a kooky kitchen, a recipe for double-chocolate butterscotch breakfast muffins, and DIY cookie cutters, all below.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• This lemon and sea salt focaccia makes the perfect early-spring snack.
• Ever wonder if your baking soda has expired? Here’s how to check.
• Spring is morel mushroom season!
• Check out all the crazy nooks and crannies in this kooky kitchen.
• These double-chocolate butterscotch breakfast muffins seriously walk the line between muffin and cupcake…but that’s ok with us.
• We still use this scrap of rubber matting to open our most stubborn jars.
• A salad with just fennel, beets, and orange – perfect.
• If you’re feeling especially crafty, here’s how you can make your own customized cookie cutters.
• This simple soup of udon noodles, bok choy, and a poached egg really hits the spot.
• We’re starting to see asparagus in stores! Here’s how to pick the best bunches and prepare the stalks for cooking.
• Check out the stainless steel backsplash in this industrial kitchen.
• A news clip about scientists finally proving that high fructose corn syrup comes with some health risks.
• And our first impression of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution show on TV.
• Don’t you just want to curl up in this cozy cottage kitchen?
• If you have some time, take a break and watch a few of these cooking videos with Mollie Katzen.
A Year Ago and a Week Sticky Lemon Rolls and How to Make Perfect Granola Clusters