Helpful Tools: Our Favorite Vegetable Peelers
If there’s one kitchen tool we use on a regular basis (besides knives) it’s the vegetable peeler. We eat a ton of vegetables each week and we have absolutely no idea what we’d do without our vegetable peeler. They come in different shapes and sizes — here are our favorites!
• Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler, $20.00 at Sur la Table – The best tool for getting perfectly julienned vegetables each and every time.
• Kyocera Adjustable Ceramic Peeler, $19.95 at Williams-Sonoma – Made with a ceramic blade to avoid reacting with different foods, this adjustable peeler is top notch. The head even adjusted to three different angles for the most efficient peeling depending on the vegetable.
• Vegetable Peeler, CUTCO – If you prefer a side blade peeler this is a great option. Features a wide comfortable handle and a long blade.
• Swiss Ceramic Peeler, $10.00 on Kuhn Rikon – Made from high quality ceramic, the blade stays extremely sharp for ultimate peeling. Plus, the ceramic blade won’t rust like typically metal blades.
• Garlic Peeler, $8.95 at Sur la Table – It’s certainly not a staple tool in the average kitchen, but if you’re one who hates peeling garlic this tool is for you. Place the garlic inside of the tube, press down and twist.
Related: How To: Make Chocolate Curls
(Images: Sur la Table; Williams-Sonoma; CUTCO; Kuhn Rikon; Sur la Table)