Our Favorite Apron Company Just Launched “Mystery Boxes” — And It’s the Best Deal We’ve Seen
I have enough aprons to wear a different one every day of the week — and all of them are by Hedley & Bennett.
Hedley & Bennett — a female-owned business started in 2012 by Ellen Marie Bennett (who is totally amazing, see here!) — makes totes, potholders, socks, shirts, masks, and, of course, aprons. Their stuff is so functional, but also gorgeous. And their aprons come in several different styles: The Essential, The Carryall, The Crossback, The Smock, and The Waxman.
- The Essential aprons have adjustable neckloops, a towel loop, and front and breast pockets and come in tons of fun colors like tie-dye and stripes.
- The Carryall also has an adjustable neckloop, but has super-wide front pockets for toting around kitchen gear like your side towel, Thermapen, potholder, and kitchen timer. It comes in pretty, solid colors like Bubblegum and Julep.
- The Crossback apron is like The Essential, but instead of a neckloop, it has crossback straps, which alleviate any tension on your neck that may happen with standard apron straps after long stints in the kitchen.
- The Smocks have no ties (you slip it on over your head like a tank top!), and are flow-y and light and have two pockets and towel loops.
- The Waxman aprons are made from waxed canvas (instead of cotton like the other styles) and are extremely durable, making them perfect if you’re doing, say, a lot of outdoor grilling.
- Bonus: The brand also has aprons available in larger sizes, so everyone can find the right fit. And they offer kids‘ aprons, too.
I myself own several Essential, Carryall, and Smock aprons and am about to add another one to my collection because Hedley & Bennett just launched a super-cool deal: The apron brand has come out with Mystery Boxes.
Order a Mystery Box and you can select from six different styles of aprons: standard, big, petite, crossback, smock, or kids’. And then, a few days later, you get one in a surprise color or pattern! Hence, the mystery. And each Mystery Box is 50 percent (!!!) off the standard retail price. (Which is especially great because these aprons aren’t particularly inexpensive, but at half-off, they are a bit more approachable.) So, to recap, you get half-off a cool apron and a fun surprise in the mail! Sign me up.
Get yours (starting today!) at Hedley & Bennett.
Do you have a Hedley & Bennett apron you love? Tell us about it in the comments!