One of the reasons to pack your own lunch for work (besides it saving you some money, of course) is that it's the easiest way to ensure you're eating something wholesome in the middle of the day. Perhaps you've been packing the same old salad, though, and you're finding yourself less than thrilled with your option when noon rolls around?
Luckily we have some inspiration. Here are 25 (plus!) healthy lunches you'll not only feel good about packing, but also will be excited to dig into.
Sandwiches are classic lunch options, but they can sometimes get a bad rap for not being the most healthy option. That's far from the truth, though — especially when you load them with things like veggies, beans, and lean protein and opt for whole-wheat bread or wraps!
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas
- Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
- Crisp Tuna-Cabbage Salad
- Pesto and Egg Baguette Sandwich
- Vegan Sourdough Portobello Mushroom Sandwich
- Salmon and Kale Caesar Wraps
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese & Arugula Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Granola Wrap
A salad is an easy choice, but the trouble is packing a salad that will actually keep you satisfied through the afternoon. The secret is to layer that salad with wholesome things that have heft, like protein-rich chicken, tuna, beans, and even quinoa.
- Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Salad
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
- No-Chop Cold Veggie Noodle Bowls with Soy Lime Vinaigrette
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Anna Jones' Raw Thai Citrus Crunch Salad
- Tuna & Cucumber Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Tomato and Feta White Bean Salad
- Chicken and Veggie Pesto Salad
- Honey-Garlic Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Salmon Black Bean Salad
- Mason Jar Tuna Niçoise
Soups, Chili, and a Few Other Great Lunches
Beyond the sandwich and salad route, soup is a comforting choice. A light puréed vegetable soup is nice when you're not looking for a bulky lunch, while a bean-filled chili is your best option when you're feeling ravenous.