Healthy Halloween: 6 Festive (and Lighter) Recipes
Think healthy Halloween is an oxymoron? For those who can’t indulge in the high-sugar treats of the season (and some of us who are just trying our best to steer clear!), here are six must-try alternatives.
• 1. Savory Stuffed Pumpkin It wouldn’t be Halloween without a pumpkin on display; why not make it the literal centerpiece of your meal as well?
• 2. Black Rice Pudding Looking for a spooky alternative to chocolate and candy for dessert? Try this creamy black rice pudding from epicurious.
• 3. Roasted Almonds with Paprika and Orange These addictive spiced almonds are flecked with the color of the season and safe to snack on all night!
• 4. Mango Yogurt Smoothie Skip the milkshakes and whip up these bright orange smoothies.
• 5. Spicy Squash Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese This colorful entree from Smitten Kitchen looks festive and is even better for you.
What are your favorite tricks for healthy Halloween treats?