Happy Halloween: Dinner Party Inspiration
Halloween is around the corner. Its gross-out side has always seemed too low-brow, and it looks like most of you prefer a harvest celebration too. And yet that doesn’t mean we have to miss out on Halloween fun. We saw that Emily of EmilyStyle is pondering a fun yet grownup Halloween dinner, and this sparked our imagination.
Here are our ideas for a grown-up yet playful Halloween dinner party…
• Rest in Peas: A tongue-in-cheek dip to start off the evening, from Martha Stewart.
• Squash Rolls: Try making miniature versions of these Squash Pull-apart Dinner Rolls. Small, bite-size rolls are just right with soup.
• Ooey Gooey Dessert: Molten Chocolate Cherry Cakes from Epicurious ooze and delight. Cherries are out of season; you can use frozen like the recipe calls for, or substitute a seasonal fruit like late plums or Cape gooseberries. Or skip dessert in favor of some very gooey and blue-veined cheeses. See our Cheesemonger Picks for suggestions.
• Blood Red Wine: What to drink? Red wine of course! Check out our Vino entries for some ideas.
• Chocolate Migniardise: Finish off the dinner with a tiny, perfect skull from Valerie Confections, via not martha for design*sponge.