Escape to the Caribbean: 7 Dishes to Take You There
We heard that temperatures are supposed to plummet again next week in one more blast of winter. Wouldn’t it be nice to slip away to the Caribbean for a few days? Preferably until spring is here to stay?
Well, maybe we can’t actually travel to the Caribbean right now, but we sure can eat like we’re there! Why not invite some friends over and mix up some cocktails?
• Sugarcane Shrimp from Epicurious – These shrimp are first marinated in sugar, lime, and rum, and then grilled to perfection.
• Spicy Baked Plantain Chips from The Kitchn – These crispy chips are as easy as they are addictive.
• Sweet Potato-Coconut Puree from Gourmet – A savory-sweet side dish that will go with everything on the table.
• Jamaican Goat Curry from Simply Recipes – Jamaican curry is not like any other curry we’ve had. Simultaneously warm, spicy, and lip-numbing, you have to try it!
• Roast Pork Loin with Pickled Caramelized Guava from Bon Appétit –
• Caribbean Rum Truffles from Leite’s Culinaria – Rum? Honey? Orange? Chocolate? We’re goners.
• Dark ‘n Stormy Cocktail from Chow.com – A little more rum to go with your truffles.
Do you have a favorite dish from the Caribbean islands?