Y Is for YOLO
published Dec 11, 2017
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
You only live once! That’s what they say, right? Whether extravagant and over the top or more on the indulgent side (or both!), these gifts embrace all that is YOLO. Shop from this gift guide and you’re sure to spoil anyone who’s on your list.
- Cheese 101 At Home, from $120 at Murray’s: This kit comes with five cheeses and a guidebook to take a cheesehead of your choosing through an at-home tasting with her lactose-tolerant friends.
- Pico Model C, $549 at PicoBrew: It’s only money, right? Spend it on your favorite person and buy her this beer brewing-machine. It cuts out a lot of the complicated steps of brewing beer. And the company partnered with 170 breweries from around the world to help people make well-known signature beers at home.
- DIY Bacon Kit, $20 at Sur La Table: It’s not possible to YOLO without loading up on bacon. This DIY kit turns pork belly into bacon in seven days.
- Pizza Tour, from $45 at Scott’s Pizza Tours: If your BFF happens to live anywhere near New York City (or you have the means to plan a once-in-a-lifetime trip), one of these pizza tours is a must. She’ll get to stuff her face with slices from some of the most iconic pizzerias in town.
- Public Bourbon, Beer, and Sightseeing Tours, from $129 per person at Mint Julep Tours: Bourbon-lovers have to go on one of these tours at least once in their lifetime. Each tour visits three different Kentucky distilleries and makes a pit-stop for lunch.
- Tender Cuts Class, $39 at Chef Steps: There’s no place in life for poorly cooked meat. This online class will help home cooks figure out to get mouthwatering, flavorful results every time.
- Work Hard and Eat Lots of Sandwiches Print, $18 at Buy Olympia: We can’t think of a better motto to live by. Get this print shipped to your house so you have time to frame it before you gift it.
- Salt of the Month Club, $180 for 12 months at Jacobsen Salt Co.: Sure, most doctors to say to cut back on salt intake, but this gift will probably get an exception. Recipients will get one jar of salt a month for a year. And not just any jar — flavors include lemon zest salt, cherrywood smoked salt, pinot noir smoked salt, and more.
- No Kid Hungry Donation, any amount at No Kid Hungry: It’s a great time of year to think about those who are less fortunate. Make a donation in someone’s honor and you’ll both help hungry kids get the food they need.
- Jeni’s Pint Club, from $200 at Jeni’s: Jeni’s is one of our favorite brands of ice cream, and this club will send three magical pints to your friend four times a year.