I have a ton of leftover cranberry sauce! What can I do with it? I'd love to bake or cook something...
Any suggestions for good recipes?
If it's Thanksgiving cranberry sauce we hope it's in the freezer - even though it's basically a jam we're not sure how good it would be by this point.
That brings us to our first answer: freeze it in little lumps for eating throughout the winter. Here a few more recipe ways to use up leftover cranberry sauce:
• Cut butter, oats, cinnamon and sugar together to form a rough crumble topping. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce in ramekins and bake for about half an hour or until brown and toasted.
• Toss with a couple tablespoons of sauce, oil, pistachios and Trader Joe's Grapefruit Vinegar as a dressing for bitter winter greens.
• Stir into yogurt and add nuts for a good breakfast.
• Top rounds of goat cheese or Brie with cranberry sauce and bake, then serve with crostini or toast points and walnuts on top.
• Make our Hungarian Pastry with cranberry sauce instead of raspberry jam.
Any more ideas for Heather?