Here's a good question from reader Sonia, who is looking for a make-ahead breakfast casserole. Do you have any good recipes or suggestions?
I'm hosting a surprise birthday weekend for my husband and twelve of our closest friends. I adored the Big Pancake recipe that was submitted a number of weeks ago but it would be too much work to bake them up one at a time. I am looking for something in the way of a sweet casserole that I can prep the night before and bake up in the morning.
My mother in law once made an incredible creme brulee croissant casserole but has since lost the recipe. Does anybody have a breakfast recipe that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser?
Here are a few recipe ideas from Sonia, culled from the variety of breakfast casserole recipes on the web. Readers - any more ideas?
• Lemon-Raspberry French Toast Strata at Epicurious (pictured above)
• Deep-Dish Brioche French Toast - at Leite's Culinaria
• Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup - by Paula Deen (pictured above)
• Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast at MyRecipes
• Creme Brulee French Toast at Bed and Breakfast Online
(Images: Deborah Ory; Food Network)