Good Question: Help Me Find This Coffee Maker!

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

From reader Tracy: I’m looking for a very specific coffee maker and it simply looks like a ceramic mold of a coffee filter or just the part of a drip machine where you put the filter into. It’s white and has grooves inside the v shape and there is a small hole at the bottom that the coffee drips through. You hold it over your mug and pour boiling water into it and it brews the coffee into your cup. I recently broke one that was purchased in Croatia and need to get a replacement here in the States. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Tracy, fortunately for us this is an easy question, and fortunately for you too, since it means that you’ll be able to find a replacement easily.

It sounds like you had a Melitta porcelain cone filter holder – a very simple and traditional way of making coffee.

You can find them in various sizes at many coffeeshops and cook’s resource stores, including Fante’s.

Manual Drip Coffee at Fante’s. Melitta cone filter holders are about $9.99.

Amazon also has a full set that includes paper filters and a coffeepot.

This was one method we never got to look at in-depth during Coffee Week. Do you use a Melitta cone, and if so, what do you like about it?

See all our posts on brewing coffee here.

Also, check out these Melitta porcelain filters on eBay.

(Images: Fante’s)

We support our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.