Good Question: How Can I Replace a Lost Food Processor Part?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Ut-oh! We’ve lost the plastic part that pushes food down the shoot of our Cuisinart. Do you know how we can replace it?

– Justin and Kim

Hi Justin and Kim,

While most kitchen stores do not carry parts for the electrics they sell, just about every thingamajig and whatchamacallit little part for kitchen electrics can be found on, now part of San Francisco’s The Gourmet Depot. Search their huge inventory by using the pull down menus on the left side of the site and don’t be shy about calling them for help. They are experts. Just be careful that you’re ordering parts for the particular model number of the machine you own.

By the way, Gourmet Depot also stocks refurbished kitchen items including the Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer ($174.95).

Good luck collecting the part you need to put your processor back together again. Readers, any other sources for spare parts?


Now on Kitchn