Good ‘n’ Tangy: 8 Recipes with Mustard
We love mustard as a condiment (on these, of course, and these, too). But mustard can be an integral part of dishes more complex than your average sandwich. The savory bite of mustard (perhaps mellowed by some cream) paired with pork is just so, so good, and winter feels like mustard weather to us. What about you?
Mustard sauce is a common accompaniment to salmon—we’ve discussed that here—but it’s perfect for chicken and pork. And the mustard-creamed spinach and savory mustard ice cream we found look so fresh and interesting.
• 1. Roasted Mustard Tarragon Chicken, from Gourmet.
• 2. Peppered Filets with Grainy Mustard Cream Sauce, from the Simply Suppers cookbook.
• 3. Rigatoni with Shredded Pork in Mustard Cream Sauce, from the Kitchn.
• 4. Pork Tenderloin and Mustard-Wine Sauce, from Martha Stewart Living.
• 5. Sunny Side Up Eggs on Mustard-Creamed Spinach with Crispy Crumbs, from Bon Appétit.
What’s your favorite dish with mustard?
Related: How to Make Mustard at Home
(Images: Stephanie Foley; Natalie Root & Thomas Nelson; Elizabeth Passarella; MarthaStewart.com; José Picayo; Jenny Rosenstrach)