What's cooking over at Serious Eats? Well, first there's this really retro can of Old Bay, which turns out to make a pretty fabulous (and quick) shrimp scampi. Photo of the day, the verdict on food magazines in trying financial times, a dessert that borrows from the cheese cart, and more below.
• A New Look at Old Bay with Classic Shrimp Scampi - That classic tin! The author revisits it and finds it spicy and helpful in her ultra-fast shrimp scampi.
• Economy Bad, People Eat More at Home, Food Magazines Prosper - The economy is down; we assumed food magazines would suffer. But apparently as people eat at food home more, the small splurge on magazines is paying off.
• Dessert or Cheese Plate? Blue Cheese Cheesecake Does Both - Amanda Clarke pulls off yet another gorgeous dessert - blue cheesecake with grapes. Delicious!
• Photo of the Day: Warty Pumpkins - Autumn is officially here.
• Happy World Vegetarian Day - Yesterday was a very important holiday for vegetarians! Happy World Vegetarian Day.
Previous Good Eats: Good Eats: Effects of Hurricane Ike on the Oyster Industry