Good Eats: How To Make Perfect French Fries
Every week we bring you our favorite good home cooking and eating from our friends at Serious Eats. This week, Caroline Russock argues that French fries are perhaps underappreciated, and she makes a Bobby Flay recipe to prove it. Plus there are breakfasts from Sicily and Greece, along with the “most revolting dish ever devised,” and a recipe for easy, delicious soy-poached chicken.
• Cook the Book: Perfect French Fries – Bobby Flay gives us his best French fry tips.
• Seriously Italian: A Sicilian Breakfast To Beat The Heat – Granita (or gelato) for breakfast!
• The Greek Non-Breakfast – The Greeks, on the other hand, don’t appear to eat breakfast, opting instead for sweet coffee and maybe a pita.
• ‘The Most Revolting Dish Ever Devised’? Or Have You Seen Worse? – A recently discovered note from Elizabeth David, pointing to a truly disgusting salad recipe. Have you seen worse?
• Dinner Tonight: Soy Poached Chicken – Looks easy, tender, and delicious.
Previous Good Eats: Chickpea Bruschetta
(Image: Caroline Russock for Serious Eats)