Good Eats: How to Make Chocolate-Covered Peepsicles
Every week we round up our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats, and this week we definitely had to bring you this special Easter treat: Chocolate-Covered Peepsicles. It’s a new twist on Peep-mania! Plus, a grain and ricotta dessert for Easter, a beginner’s guide to soft shell crabs, and refreshingly good grammar at Trader Joe’s.
• How to Make Chocolate-Covered Peepsicles – Peeps, plus melted chocolate (the good stuff), a stick, and some coconut. Upscale Peeps!
• Pastiera (Ricotta and Cooked Grains Cake) – A very traditional Italian dessert.
• A Beginner’s Guide to Soft Shell Crabs – How to pick them, what to watch for, and how to cook them. (Fried!)
• Cooking with a Friend: Seasonal Produce and a Family Soup – Another report from this project, which looks at cooking for an entire week and building a frugal menu.
• Trader Joe’s Practices Refreshingly Good Grammar – A refreshing instance of good grammar at the supermarket.
Previous Good Eats: Spaghetti Cooked in Red Wine
(Image: Grace Kang for Serious Eats)