Good Eats: Bread and Tomato Soup
What’s going on this week over at Serious Eats? Well, there’s this bread and tomato soup, and it looks pretty mouthwatering. This and more in our weekly wrap-up of the best cooking this week at Serious Eats.
• Dinner Tonight: Bread and Tomato Soup – A thrifty peasant classic – pappa al pomodoro. Uses stale bread and fresh tomatoes, a winning combination.
• Apple brandy for autumn – A discussion of Calvados and other apple brandies.
• Black and Orange Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Bisque with Pumpernickel Soldiers – The Halloween parade marches on with a spicy soup and dark bread.
• Braised Potatoes with Garlic – Anything from a Molly Stevens book is good by us.
• Serious Chocolate: Cocoa Is for Drinking, Not Eating, in the Dominican Republic – Exploring the chocolate harvest in the Dominican Republic.
Previous Good Eats: Good Eats: Vegan Crepes for Breakfast